Welcome to SMG Swiss Marketplace Group AG
We are a pioneering network of online marketplaces in Switzerland and a leading European digital company that simplifies people’s lives with forward-looking products.
About SMG Automotive
SMG Automotive is a leading innovator in the automotive industry. Our team is committed to reshaping the future of automotive technology while delivering superior value to our customers. We are seeking a Director of Business Customers and Sales to help us maintain and grow our market presence.
The Director of Business Customers and Sales will be a key member of our leadership team, responsible for driving growth strategies and building a high-performing sales team. This individual will collaborate with other departments to develop strategies that enhance customer relationships, optimize sales processes, and contribute to the growth of SMG Automotive. We are looking for a person passionate about cars and with a good network in the Swiss automotive industry.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans that align with the company's business objectives and own the member (dealer) business P&L.
- Contribute as a member of the Automotive Leadership team to drive growth and excellence initiatives across the Automotive organization.
- Drive the monetization growth strategy of the business unit of our members and lead sales driven x-functional projects.
- Guide and mentor the sales organization comprising sales, KAM, customer service and the Motoscout24 business.
- Establish sales targets, ensure productivity and monitor performance, adjusting strategies as needed to meet objectives.
- Prepare sales forecasts and communicate strategy and projects at executive level.
- Cultivate and grow relationships with key business customers, industry stakeholder and potential clients.
- Manage key customer accounts and conduct negotiations on contracts and deals.
- Collaborate with marketing and product development teams to ensure alignment and drive new business.
- Monitor market trends and opportunities.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
Who you are
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in sales, with at least 5 years in a leadership role within the automotive industry.
- Proven record of developing strategic sales plans and achieving revenue goals.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to coach and motivate a high-performing sales team.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field. An MBA or related advanced degree is preferred.
- Strong customer relationship management skills, with a focus on customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with CRM software and sales analytics tools.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Languages: English, German, (French is a plus)
Why you should join us
Your new team consists of an international and diverse group of friendly colleagues. We live in a hybrid work model. You are welcome to work in our modern and spacious office ideally in Zurich Oerlikon or in Flamatt (near Bern) or partially from your home.
Benefits you'll love
- 6 weeks of holidays (with the possibility to buy up to 10 additional days)
- 40-hour week (flexitime with a cap at 45 hours. We take work-life balance seriously)
- 4 months' notice after the probationary period
- SBB Half-Fare Card
- You travel 1st class between SMG sites in Switzerland
- 18 weeks maternity and 6 weeks paternity leave (also in case of adoption)
- Professional accident and supplementary insurance (100% covered by SMG)
- Gender-neutral fair pay with clearly defined career profiles
- Choose your hardware (Mac Windows + 2 monitors for home)
- Independent counselling centre for personal and psychological problems
SMG Swiss Marketplace Group Ltd. is a pioneering network of online marketplaces and cutting-edge European digital company that simplifies people’s lives with innovative products.
SMG Swiss Marketplace Group Ltd. provides customers with the best tools to meet their life decision needs. The portfolio includes Real Estate (ImmoScout24, Homegate, Immostreet.ch, home.ch, Publimmo, Acheter-Louer.ch, CASASOFT, IAZI), Automotive (AutoScout24, MotoScout24, CAR FOR YOU), General Marketplaces (anibis.ch, tutti.ch, Ricardo) and Finance & Insurance (FinanceScout24). The company was founded in November 2021 by TX Group AG, Ringier AG, La Mobilière and General Atlantic.